FOR USER WHO IS USING BIOLOID TURTLEBOT ARM:
- this is a software to give commands to the Turtlebot arm hardware.
- before user install this software, it is better user choose a folder to save the software (eg. ~/ros).
- steps to install turtlebot_arm:
- to test turtlebot arm:
- Plug in the Arbotik USB.
- Check the assigned port by typing: $ sudo dmesg -c
- If the assigned port is named something like this: /dev/ttyUSB0
- Enable USB access by typing:$ sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB0
- Launch turtlebot arm bring up by: $ roslaunch turtlebot_arm_bringup arm.launch
- If there is an error while launching the arm.launch, please open the turtlebot_arm/turtlebot_arm_bring/config/arm.yaml file, then change the port name to the correct port
- Run arbotik arm GUI by: $ rosrun arbotix_python arbotix_gui
- User should be able to control the arm's servo by dragging the pointer on the GUI left and right.
FOR USER WHO IS USING CRANE+ ARM:
- please install the package dynamixel_motor so that user could control the CRANE+ arm.
- tutorial on how to control the servo of CRANE+ arm can be found here: servo control
- in the tutorial, the port name used in controller_manager.launch file is pan_tilt_port, user can change the port name by editing the controller_manager.launch.
- but remember to change the port name in start_tilt_controller.launch file as well, so that both port name match each other.
- to initiate Crane+ arm, the following two commands need to be launched:
- $ roslaunch my_dynamixel_tutorial_bringup controller_manager.launch
- $ roslaunch my_dynamixel_tutorial_bringup start_joints_controller.launch